Are you a job seeker that has some advice to offer your peers? Or perhaps you’re a hiring manager or career coach who wants to see more top candidates getting hired? If you have a valuable opinion and expertise to share with job seekers everywhere, we want to hear from you.
Now, we want to be certain that what you send to us can be of great value to the Jackalope Jobs’ reader. We don’t like to decline posts, so to avoid having to do so, please follow these suggestions:
- First and foremost, we’re looking for guest posts that are beneficial to our readers. As long as you have advice that can help job seekers get to work, it doesn’t matter if you’ve been published before or not!
- We want our readers to read your post and think, ‘Ah, I didn’t try that yet!’ So, present new ideas, fresh perspectives, and unique approaches.
- Within the text you must cite links, images, etc. properly.
- All posts submitted must be exclusive to Jackalope Jobs.
- Include a headline and a bio.
Just to review what we mean by exclusive…your post must be for us and only us. If we don’t publish your post, sure you can send it elsewhere until you find the perfect fit--but when we get it, it should not have been submitted elsewhere.
When you’re actively searching for a job, what do you need to know? Well, with our audience being 100 percent made up of job seekers, here are some topics that are good on the top of their minds:
- Professional networking
- Job search
- Social media and the job search
- Job search tools and resources
- Job market trends
- Resume and cover letter advice
- Tips and tricks of the job search
Formatting and submission
Write your post in a Word document and save it, please submit to us here. Be sure to double check all links and attach an image if you have one during the submission process. Make sure all links are active. Also, while formatting, please be sure to keep these things in mind:
1. Bold your headline
2. Post length – 300-800 words
3. Links – if you are unsure of hyperlinking the text, include the link within the post in brackets immediately after the text that should be linked. If you have a personal blog or site that you’d like to link back to, it needs to be 100% relevant.
4. Better safe than sorry – tell us EXACTLY what you want. If we’re uncertain of where a link goes, how an image fits best, we’ll have to resort to guessing OR rejecting your post.
5. Submit via an account that has your Gravatar account set up so we can link your smiling face to your post!
We reserve the right to edit all posts. For minor edits, we’ll make them without informing you first. On occasion, we’ll send a post back if we think it’s a good topic but could use more work.
We want our readers to know who you are! Your bio should capture that in 2-3 sentences. This bio is also where you can show the audience what else you’ve done by linking to your blog, your website, your professional social media profiles, etc. However, we do ask that you only include two links at the most.
Remember our mission:
To Help One Million People Find a Job by the year 2015.
Anything you can do to help make this happen is greatly appreciated!